Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Restless Derrick, Sleepless Mommy...

Lately Derrick has developed another sleeping pose which ended up with him crying in the middle of the night. He used to sleep on his tummy from new born until recently, he will subconciously switch his positon from facing down to facing up position. Of course, this will leave him with 'empty' feeling as he has nothing else to grasp on with both his legs and hands searching wildly in the air for things to grap. The frantic search often ended up in cries as this tend to wake him up, and followed by poor mommy having to wake up several times just to coax him and put him back to his 'tummy' position. To add on, my little 5 months ol' is super mobile even during his sleep. He will always knock his head against the side of the crib and the effect will wake him up at times. I was wondering if the crib is too small for him, and therefore decided to place him next to me as my bed is definitely more spacious than the cramped crib. Results? Even worse as he will continuously turn his body/head from left to right and to left again for sometime before he finally falls deep into sleep. Some of you may wonder, how do I cope with my ever energized baby even when he sleeps? The answer is, I would sleep early , as early as 9:30pm when my baby dozez off. Then by the time he was awaken up by his own head knocking, waving arms/legs or searching for pacifier, it would be half past mid night and I've already gained some 'light sleep' by then :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A mom will always be a mom :)

Thanks Hie for letting me know how a person will change tremendously after having their own children...and it's unexplanable coz' it's inborn...it's animal instinct which each and everyone of us have within...

Lil' Derrick guai wor...dun let mommy having sleepless nite anymore lor :)

Merry Christmas to both of u, my darl'