Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I am glad to be of help

A friend called me yesterday, asking me for a favour. She recently realized she was pregnant with her 2nd child, approximately 5 months after her partner, M passed away. She was not legally married to M as he had a legal wife. I know this sounds crazy... Hence her first baby with M was named under M's family name with a legal birth cert but having additional remarks to state that this birth cert was produced without a marriage certificate. No issue with first baby. However, with the second baby on the way, due in coming June, the baby will be fatherless, as according to the JPN regulation, if the father fails to present and without any marriage certificate, the column to record father's detail will be left blank. And of course, not wanting her child to be fatherless or should I say she is more willing to have her child taking after her own family name if the 'father column' is to be left empty. After a few minutes googling for JPN details, I finally got the JPN contacts and all her concerns were solved by this wonderful JPN staff who answered my call. All my friend has to do is to produce the death cert of her partner and the birth cert for her first child to JPN for name changing procedure. Just now before lunch, she called me again to tell me that she had gotten all the documentation ready and will head to JPN immediately to have her first child's name edited. I am glad that this entire ugly episode is finally over for her. Its another beautiful beginning of a new chapter for my friend and her 2 little angels.

No comments: